Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Lia

Sooooo.... a while back, a friend of mine sent me a link to a necklace she wanted.  It was totally awesome.  It was also $80.  Yikes.  So she asked me to make an attempt at duplicating it.  I know the one I made wasn't quite as good, in some ways, but in others, it was BETTER.  Theirs was single strand around the back, and double in front.  It was silver chain with random groupings of purple, blue, and silver "pearls" interrupting the chain.  VERY pretty necklace.  I got pretty close with the colors.

I'm sure you're wondering how mine was better, though, right?  Well, I made mine as one LOOOONG necklace that can be wrapped to be a short one, or worn long.  MUCH more versatile, don't you think?  Darn tootin'  =D  And I even figured out the best way to wrap a necklace without it adjusting throughout the day all by itself and all that mumbo jumbo.  But if you want to know that little secret, you'll just have to come see me. =D




So there it is.  Thank you, Lia, for the inspiration.  Or was it Premier?  I don't remember. 

Oh, and the kicker?  I sell mine for $20.  Yes, that's right.  1/4 of the price.  So... if you ever see something you like, but don't want to pay the full cost, send me a link.  I can't promise I'll be able to duplicate it, but I can sure try.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous necklace! I love the randomness of the beads... was that hard to do? I have a difficult time making my beads look random. (I knit with them, so it's a bit different than what you do.) I found you on Facebook and have fallen in love with your stuff. As soon as I can scrape up the extra cash I'm getting my very own candy necklace! :D

    www.boojayknits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete