Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Craft Fair

I know most of you know this already, but I'm blogging it anyway. ;)  I am an official vendor at the Northwest HS Craft Fair!  It's all happening Nov. 7 from 9am to 4pm.  Northwest is located at 8204 Crown Point Ave right here in Omaha. 

I can't tell you how excited I am for this.  Scared out of my mind too, of course.  But mostly excited.  I've done the small shows at my church that they do every year, but that's basically just people I know.  And I've sold to friends, even had an open house, but again it was people that I know.  So to me, this craft fair will really tell me how I'm doing.  I am constantly wondering if my dear friends are buying to make me feel better.  Don't get me wrong... I don't think my friends would buy things they didn't like, but part of me wonders if they had found those pieces as a store, would they have put them back on the rack?  At this craft fair, 99% of the people that I encounter will be total strangers.  So if they're buying my things, I think I will really start to feel more confident.  Well, confident might be going a little far, but you know what I mean. =)

I have become increasingly aware that I really don't have much inventory.  But there's not much I can do about that right now, so I'm trying to not let that bother me.  Hopefully the next time I do this I will have more to present.  And really, what's the wort that can happen?  I sell everything I own?  Oh darn.  That would just be TERRIBLE.  hahaha

I did mention to Dave that if this doesn't go well then I'm calling it quits.  I really hope it doesn't come to that.  And I would MAYBE try Etsy out first.  But we shall see.  Hopefully I won't have to worry about that.  I think I'll do okay.  There are some things that I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't sell, and some that I'm very confident that they will sell.  It will be what it will be.  I'm TRYING to not stress about it.  (if you know me at all, you know just how funny that little statement is)

So here's to me.  =D

1 comment:

  1. good luck. if you need something to fill up space, you can hang my initial tees up and take custom orders :) j/k
    this is a great event for you and hopefully a good confidence booster.

    ReplyDelete