Wednesday, April 13, 2011

THE Order

Last Friday, I was at the airport helping out my sister-in-law.  We let the toddlers run for a bit to burn off energy, hoping to ensure a peaceful ride on the air-o-plane.  Of course Alex was the perfect example of how a two-year-old should act in just such a situation.  He climbed on the airport furniture (there may have been some jumping involved...).  He ran for the escalators a few times.  He apparently has aspirations to become a fireman since he was also rather obsessed with each and every fire extinguisher we came across.  So while the hour+ was fun, it was a bit on the stressful/frustrating side. 

When it was time to leave, I got him in the seat, pull out some cash to pay for the parking lot cashier's daughter's college tuition, and start to drive out of the parking lot.  My phone rings.  My cell phone NEVER rings.  So I pull over and answer it. (still being charged a fortune as I haven't actually LEFT the parking area yet)  The lady on the other end is someone whom I have never met. (I'm still totally frazzled)  But she's a friend of a friend.  And a year or so ago, this friend of mine had sent her some personalized bracelets for her girls.  So that's how she found me.  She liked the ones she got, but she wanted different ones, PLUS some to send to her neices for Easter.  Totally cool.  I knew it would be tight time-wise, but that's okay.  I totally under-quoted her on price, but that's my own fault, and really that was the only downfall to this whole shindig. 

So I bought my supplies (OUCH-sterling is expensive) and got them made.  The problem is... it's REALLY hard to gauge sizes for kids.  I used Alex and Isabel (while she was sleeping... it was pretty funny)  but I still have no idea whether the bracelets will fit or not.  *sigh*  I REALLY hope they do.  So say a little prayer for me, friends.  I need it.

And, of course, I forgot to take pictures in my frenzy to get them mailed in time for her to get them packaged up so SHE can mail them. 

But do you want to know my favorite part in all of this?  It's a STRANGER that placed the order.  I love when my friends order something, but, to me, someone I don't know is a better yardstick to measure by.  A friend might buy something they sort of like, just to be supportive.  A stranger will NOT do that.  They only buy things they KNOW they want.  It's a good feeling. 

Sorry for the lack of pictures.  I fail.  I know.  I'll work on it.

Stay tuned for a super fun necklace coming in the next week or two.  =D

No comments:

Post a Comment