Thursday, April 28, 2011

Totally Wicked

I have subscribed to a number of jewelry newsletters.  Some even come via Facebook.  It's awesome.  A few weeks ago, one of the newsletters featured an artist.  I decided to take a look (I don't always) and OH MY WORD!  I was in love.  I loved everything about what this lady had created.  Except for one thing.  The price tag.  Holy Shizang, were her prices high.  We're talking more than $100 for a bracelet. 

Yeah. 

You read that right.

I know.  I was surprised, too.

But still, they were some stellar bracelets.  I have some theories on why they were so expensive, but I still just can't get over it. 

Anyway, I decided to try to make them myself.  I was worried that it was going to be more complicated than I thought.  The pictures were pretty small, so I wasn't sure if I was missing something.  But I gave it a go, and I am so thrilled.  The possibilities with these bracelets are practically endless! 

Maybe it's wrong of me to take someone else's idea, and I try to avoid it, and make some changes, but this was just too hard to resist.  The picture kind of stinks, I know, but hopefully you get the idea.  I'll be making a lot more in this style, so keep an eye on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment