Friday, July 22, 2011

Work and Play

Honestly, I love making jewelry, period.  But for me there's a difference between orders and things I create.  I don't mind orders.  But getting to come up with something totally different is really a fine thing for me.  I'm hoping in the next few months to add some new methods/mediums to what I already do.  But that'll have to wait just a bit longer. 

For Karissa's Wedding.  Love her to pieces!
I've finished the jewelry for two weddings.  One for an old friend and one for a new friend.  Now that those are finished, I'm getting to my other orders.  But I have to have SOME free time in there too, don't I?  So each night I work on one order.  And when it's finished I spend the rest of the night playing with new things.  It works well for me. 

Inter mixed with the orders, I've created two new pieces that I'm really happy with.  I think they're absolutely beautiful.  It's going to be really hard to part with them. 

Smokey Elegance

The first is a necklace and earring set.  I've called it Smokey Elegance.  This set is actually not for sale.  I've donated it to my mom group MyOmahaMommies for the national auction that TheMommiesNetwork is holding to support all of its' chapters.  I hope it brings in a little something.  It's a wonderful organization that I'm thrilled to be part of.  I'm still considering whether to make another.  It may happen.  It might not.  You'll have to let me know if you'd like to see one for sale.

Braided Beauty: Price TBD
The other is a braided bracelet.  It's really elegant, but could definitely be worn for a more casual shindig.  It's really great.  It's made for a larger wrist.  I could perhaps make another, and in other colors, though due to the effort/time to make it, it'll be one of my pricier pieces.  You all know I prefer to keep prices low.  I want my friends, and their friends, to be able to afford fun, beautiful jewelry without sending their budge to the devil.  But I'm finding that some things just have to cost more.  And I, personally, think this bracelet is worth a bit more.  But I'd like your opinion.  What would YOU pay for it?

1 comment:

  1. i think a bracelet like that in a dept. store would cost at least $25 or more. maybe even $35?

    ReplyDelete